Xenohormesis - What Doesn't Kill Plants May Make Us Stronger
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
DESCRIPTION: A new concept in biology tries to explain why the consumption of certain natural compounds in plants may mimic the lifespan-enhancing benefits of caloric restriction.
If this subject interests you, make sure you see my last video, where I introduce the topic: Appropriating Plant Defenses (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/appropriating-plan
I previously introduced the concept of hormesis in my videos Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/enhanced-athletic- and Is Liquid Smoke Carcinogenic (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/is-liquid-smoke-fl )?
How else might we get the benefits of dietary restriction without starving ourselves? See:
• The Benefits of Caloric Restriction Without the Actual Restricting (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-benefits-of-ca
• Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/methionine-restric
• Why Do We Age? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-we-age)
• Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/caloric-restrictio
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/xenohormesis-what- and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Stannered via Wikimedia.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org