When Drugs & Diets Don't Lower Diabetes Deaths
Why do some drug-based strategies shorten the lives of diabetics and some diet-based strategies fail to decrease diabetes deaths?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
OK, so what kind of diet does help diabetics? See Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/plant-based-diets- For example, Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/....video/diabetics-shou
Why is that the case? See Why is Meat a Risk Factor for Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/why-is-meat-a-risk and How May Plants Protect Against Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-may-plants-pro
Healthier diets can even reverse some of the complications of diabetes once thought irreversible. See Can Diabetic Retinopathy Be Reversed? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/can-diabetic-retin and the part of my annual review From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/from-table-to-able that discusses the remarkable reversal of painful diabetic neuropathy.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/when-drugs-diets-d and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Jakub T. Jankiewicz via Flickr.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org