Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Animal Protein?
Animal protein and stroke risk: Might increases in the cancer-promoting growth hormone IGF-1 help promote brain artery integrity?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
If you’re not familiar with IGF-1, a good primer is Animal Protein Compared to Cigarette Smoking (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/animal-protein-co or How Not to Die from Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-not-to-die-fr
How can we lower our blood pressures beyond just eating a plant-based diet? Check out the chapter of hypertension in my book How Not to Die (https://nutritionfacts.org/book) at your local public library.
This is the 8th in a 12-part series on vegetarian stroke risk. If you missed any of the previous videos, check out:
• What to Eat for Stroke Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/what-to-eat-for-st
• What Not to Eat for Stroke Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/what-not-to-eat-fo
• Do Vegetarians Really Have Higher Stroke Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-vegetarians-rea
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Vitamin D? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Omega 3s? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Vegan Junk Food? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Saturated Fat? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st
Coming up we turn to what I think is actually going on:
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Vitamin B12 & Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st
• How to Test for Functional Vitamin B12 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-to-test-for-fu
• Should Vegetarians Take Creatine to Normalize Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/should-vegetarians
• The Efficacy and Safety of Creatine for High Homocysteine (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-efficacy-and-s
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/vegetarians-and-s You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC." Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/