Vegan Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
FULL POST: https://nataliejo.co/vegan-paleo-vanilla-cupcakes/
* 1 1/4 cup cassava flour
* 2 tbsp coconut flour
* 1/3 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
* 3/4 cup almond milk
* 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup coconut oil
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours
* 1 cup freeze dried raspberries
* 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* Pinch of salt
* Almond milk to blend if needed
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Stir the apple cider vinegar into the almond milk and set aside.
3. Whisk together the cassava flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until lump free.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup or agave, cane sugar, milk mixture, coconut oil, and vanilla (all at room temp or warmer).
5. Add wet to dry, and mix to combine.
6. Scoop into a cupcake pan (either grease or use paper liners) filling each almost to the top. You will get 6-8 depending on your pan.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350ºF until golden brown on top and they spring back when you lightly press the center.
8. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
9. For the frosting, grind the freeze dried raspberries to a powder. Drain the cashews, and blend with the maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt on high until very smooth. Add the raspberry powder one spoonful at a time to achieve desired color. Chill to thicken.
10. Frost cooled cupcakes, and eat!
Cassava flour: https://amzn.to/325nNEN
Coconut flour: https://amzn.to/3iUBZHp
Cane sugar: https://amzn.to/2CKailm
Raw cashews: https://amzn.to/2YdLjOK
Freeze dried raspberries: https://amzn.to/34fDtrB