Vegan Linzer Cookies // paleo + chocolate fudge filled!
FULL POST: https://feastingonfruit.com/vegan-linzer-cookies/
* 1 cup almond flour
* 1/3 cup coconut flour
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 1/4 cup coconut oil
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp cloves
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp orange zest
* 1/2 a vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
* 1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate Fudge Filling
* 2/3 cup Hu Gems
* 1/4 cup (60g) coconut milk
1. Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, zest, seeds scraped out of the vanilla bean, and salt.
2. Add maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix to form a ball of dough.
3. Roll out between two pieces of wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Cutout with a linzer cookie cutter, you should get approximately 16 cookies.
5. Transfer dough to a pan and freeze for 30 minutes (this makes transferring to the baking sheet easier.
6. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
7. Use a spatula to transfer cookies to a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cool completely.
10. For the filling, melt the Gems with the coconut milk. Stir until smooth.
11. Spoon a dollop of the filling on each whole cookie, top with the cutout cookies, and chill until the chocolate is firm.