Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan + paleo)
FULL POST: https://nataliejo.co/thick-che....wy-chocolate-chip-co
1 flax egg
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cassava flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup Hu Gems
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Prepare the flax egg and set aside to gel.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, flax egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat to incorporate.
5. Fold in the Hu Gems.
6. Scoop onto a lined baking sheet (I did about 3 tbsp per cookie, but they are quite big so you could use less for smaller cookies) leaving space in between for spreading.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375ºF until golden on the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Hu Gems: https://hukitchen.com/collections/gems
Coconut sugar: https://amzn.to/31WpyFi
Vanilla extract: https://amzn.to/3lPzYOY
Cassava flour: https://amzn.to/325nNEN