Should Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer Avoid Soy?
Which dietary changes could both reduce free radical damage and improve DNA repair in women with mutated BRCA genes?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
What about for women without breast cancer genes, or for women who have already been diagnosed? That was the subject of my last video, Is Soy Healthy for Breast Cancer Survivors? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/is-soy-healthy-for The older video I referred to is BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/brca-breast-cancer
What is in meat that may increase risk? See, for example:
• Zeranol Use in Meat and Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/zeranol-use-in-mea
• Cholesterol Feeds Breast Cancer Cells (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/cholesterol-feeds-
• Animal Protein Compared to Cigarette Smoking (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/animal-protein-com
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/should-women-at-hi and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/should-women-at-hi. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Image credit: KOMUnews via flickr. Image has been modified.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org