Preventing Strokes with Diet
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION: Increasing the intake of potassium-rich foods is associated with a significantly lower stroke risk. Very few people are eating enough plants—see yesterday's NutritionFacts.org video-of-the-day 98% of American Diets Potassium Deficient (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/98-of-american-die The banana listing reminds me of a similarly humorous finding about the levels of eyesight-saving nutrients. See Egg Industry Blind Spot (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/egg-industry-blind Bananas are also kind of pitiful antioxidant-wise (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-berries/). Is a fruit a fruit or should we really go out of our way to eat plants with the most antioxidants? See Anti-Inflammatory Antioxidants (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/anti-inflammatory- Tomorrow I'll end this three part video series with a surprising twist—the anti-inflammatory effects of potassium? Stay tuned for Potassium and Autoimmune Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/potassium-and-auto
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preventing-strokes and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Bobjgalindo via Wikimedia.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/