Preventing Cataracts with Diet
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION:Risk of developing cataracts was compared in meateaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians, and vegans. Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preventing-catarac and I'll try to answer it! The concentration of advanced glycation end-products in animal-based foods may help explain this finding; see my video Glycotoxins (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/glycotoxins/). In Prevent Glaucoma and See 27 Miles Farther (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/prevent-glaucoma-a I covered the second leading cause of blindness, glaucoma, and the day before that I covered two other leading causes of vision loss in Preventing Macular Degeneration with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preventing-macular where I also touch on diabetic retinopathy. I have 105 other videos on plant-based diets (http://nutritionfacts.org/topi....cs/plant-based-diets and hundreds of other videos on more than a thousand subjects (http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/)—I hope you'll check them out.
Image Credit: Rakesh Ahuja, MD and the U.S. Navy via Wikimedia Commons, and the National Eye Institute.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/