Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Kids, Pregnancy, and Seniors
What is the optimal Vitamin B12 dosage for seniors, kids and pregnant women? At age 50, everyone, regardless of diet should start supplementing with B12-fortified foods or supplements but over age 65 only high-dose daily supplements may suffice.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
Just expensive pee? What about concerns about B12 and acne, bone fractures, and cancer? I addressed those in my B12 webinar and the videos are available for download here now, and will be on the site in the next couple months. The final B12 video for now will be next, The Best Type of Vitamin B12: Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-best-type-of-v
The first three in this series if you missed them were:
• The Symptoms of Vitamin B21 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-symptoms-of-vi
• The Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Adults (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-optimal-vitami
• Healthiest Food Sources of Vitamin B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/healthiest-food-so
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-optimal-vitami and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/the-optimal-vitam You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC." Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org