Neapolitan Cupcakes // vegan + gluten-free
FULL POST: https://www.feastingonfruit.co....m/neapolitan-cupcake
Video by Daniel Peacocke: http://bit.ly/2MqfGso
* 1/2 cup applesauce
* 1/4 cup coconut oil
* 1 cup almond milk
* 1/3 cup agave
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 cups oat flour
* 1 1/2 cups almond flour
* 1/3 cup cane sugar
* 1/4 cup tapioca flour
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 2 tsps baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup coconut cream
* 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Whisk together the applesauce, coconut oil, almond milk, agave, and vanilla.
3. In a separate book, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until lump free.
4. Add the wet to the dry and stir to combine.
5. Separate batter into 2 bowls. Stir the tapioca starch into one half and the cocoa powder into the other.
6. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners (or spray with nonstick spray).
7. Fill each cupcake halfway with the vanilla batter. Top with chocolate batter, filling almost all the way to the top.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350ºF. When done, they should spring back when lightly pressed in the center.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
10. For the frosting, grind the freeze dried strawberries to a fine powder. Whisk into the coconut cream until smooth and pink. Chill until ready to frost.
11. Frost cooled cupcakes, top with sprinkles if desired, and eat!
vanilla extract: https://amzn.to/2P3260J
almond flour: https://amzn.to/2BQGwdU
oat flour: https://amzn.to/2YkDGW8
tapioca flour: https://amzn.to/3cRFcUO
cacao powder: http://amzn.to/2oszG6O
coconut cream: https://amzn.to/3f9bBba
freeze dried strawberries: https://amzn.to/2YlRz6b