Mini Key Lime Pies // vegan + gluten-free
FULL POST: https://nataliejo.co/mini-key-lime-pies/
* 1 cups rolled oats
* 1/4 cup coconut sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup SunButter
* 1/2 cup coconut cream
* 1/2 cup nondairy yogurt
* 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
* 1/4 cup arrowroot or corn starch
* 1 tbsp lime zest
* 1/4 cup lime juice
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Grind the oats with the coconut sugar and salt in a food processor.
3. Add SunButter, and process to form a sticky crumbly dough.
4. Press a couple spoonfuls into the bottom of each muffin (lined with paper liners), you will have enough for 6-8.
5. Bake fro 15 minutes at 375ºF. Cool.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF.
7. Blend all the filling ingredients. Don't over blend.
8. Pour on top of the crusts, filling almost to the top. Tap on the counter to release any air bubbles.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 325ºF. The edges should be just starting to darken and the middles no longer jiggly.
10. Cool for 30 minutes, then chill overnight.
11. Serve straight from the fridge, they are delicious with coconut whipped cream on top!
Rolled oats: https://amzn.to/2XVpXps
Coconut sugar: https://amzn.to/2DMoAlX
Coconut milk: https://amzn.to/33Tdg21