Is White Rice a Yellow Light or Red Light Food?
Do the health benefits of rice consumption outweigh any potential risk from the arsenic contamination?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe. Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
For those unfamiliar with my traffic light system, I talk about it in my book trailer: How Not to Die: An Animated Summary (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-not-to-die-an
Almost there! This is the 12th in a 13-video series on arsenic. If you missed the first 11, watch them here:
• Where Does the Arsenic in Chicken Come From? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/where-does-the-ars
• Where Does the Arsenic in Rice, Mushrooms, and Wine Come From? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Where-Does-the-Ars
• The Effects of Too Much Arsenic in the Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/The-Effects-of-Too
• Cancer Risk from Arsenic in Rice and Seaweed (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Cancer-Risk-from-A
• Which Rice Has Less Arsenic: Black, Brown, Red, White or Wild? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Which-Rice-Has-Les
• How to Cook Rice to Lower Arsenic Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/How-to-Cook-Rice-t
• Arsenic in Infant Rice Cereal (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Arsenic-in-Infant-
• Arsenic in Rice Milk, Rice Krispies, and Brown Rice Syrup (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Arsenic-in-Rice-Mi
• How Risky is the Arsenic in Rice? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/How-Risky-is-the-A
• How Much Arsenic in Rice is Too Much? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/How-Much-Arsenic-i
Stay tuned for the finale: Do the Pros of Brown Rice Outweigh the Cons of Arsenic? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Do-the-Pros-of-Bro
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/is-white-rice-a-ye and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/is-white-rice-a-ye. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Icons created by Kevin, Chad Remsing, Arthur Shlain, Artem Kovyazin, pablo, Denis Shumaylov, Laymik, H Alberto Gongora, and Cédric Villain from The Noun Project
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/