Is Marijuana Addictive?
The evidence clearly indicates that long-term marijuana use can lead to addiction, but are there negative consequences?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Stay tuned for Does Marijuana Cause Health Problems? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Does-Marijuana-Cau next, but I have a whole treasure chest of cannabis videos that are going to be dribbling every month or so until the end of 2019. If you want to see them all now, I put them all in a DVD (http://bit.ly/cannabis_webinar).
Here’s the last two I did: The Institute of Medicine Report on the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/The-Institute-of-M and Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Researching-the-He
Speaking of parallels with the tobacco industry, check out:
• Animal Protein Compared to Cigarette Smoking (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/animal-protein-com
• American Medical Association Complicity with Big Tobacco (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/american-medical-
• Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/big-food-using-th
• Collaboration with the New Vectors of Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/collaboration-wit
• How Smoking in 1956 is Like Eating in 2016 (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-smoking-in-19
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/is-marijuana-addic and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/is-marijuana-addic. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose "Open transcript", and select the language you'd like to view them in.
Image credit: Get Budding / unsplash
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/