How to Treat Kidney Stones with Diet
Decreasing animal protein and sodium intake appears more effective in treating calcium oxalate and uric acid kidney stones (nephrolithiasis) than restricting calcium or oxalates.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
This can be considered a follow-up to my How to Prevent Kidney Stones With Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-to-prevent-did video. For more on the whole acid-base thing, see Testing Your Diet with Pee & Purple Cabbage (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/testing-your-diet-
Anyone want to try to calculate their LAKE score for the day? Just multiply the number of servings you have of each of the food groups in the graph times the score. I got -79 for my diet yesterday—beat that! :)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-to-treat-kidne and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: http://www.kidneystoners.org, I Believe I Can Fry via Flickr, Sommai Larkjit, OpenPics, PublicDomainPictures, Lebensmittelfotos, Bambo, via Pixabay, Snufkin7, Fir0002, Gajda-13, Mindmatrix via Wikimedia Commons, and Rob Marmion via shutterstock.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/