Good Grub: The Healthiest Meat
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
DESCRIPTION: Of all animals, the bodies of insects may have the lowest saturated fat content. A pound a day of powdered worms? There are safer (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/safest-source-of-b and cheaper (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/cheapest-source-of sources of vitamin B12. What about arginine? Worms, whales, pork rinds and what else? See Fat Burning Via Arginine (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/fat-burning-via-ar Sourcing protein from plants may still be preferable (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/plant-protein-pref despite what the paleo diet folks assert (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/paleolithic-lesson That appears to be the direction the American space program is going (http://online.wsj.com/article/....SB100014240527023043 What are the downsides to eating insects, though? That's the subject of tomorrow's video-of-the-day Bug Appétit: Barriers to Entomophagy (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/bug-appetit-barrie
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/good-grub-the-heal and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Steve Begin and the tαttσσed tentαcle via Flickr, and JENN.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org