Foods to Improve Athletic Performance and Recovery
The effects of spinach and berries on oxidative stress, inflammation, and muscle soreness in athletes.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
For research on other natural athletic interventions, see:
• Reducing Muscle Fatigue with Citrus (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/reducing-muscle-f
• Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/reducing-muscle-s
• Preventing Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress With Watercress (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/preventing-exerci
• Fennel Seeds to Improve Athletic Performance (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/fennel-seeds-to-i
• Coconut Water for Athletic Performance vs. Sports Drinks (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/....video/Coconut-Water-
• Doping with Beet Juice (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/doping-with-beet-
• Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/enhanced-athletic
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/foods-to-improve-a and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/foods-to-improve-a. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose "Open transcript", and select the language you'd like to view them in.
Image credit: ponce_photography / Pixabay
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK - How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/