Flashback Friday: Amla vs. Drugs for Cholesterol, Inflammation, and Blood Thinning
Extracts of amla (Indian gooseberry) were pitted head-to-head against cholesterol-lowering statin drugs and the blood thinners aspirin and Plavix.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
I profile the study that used the whole fruit in my previous video, The Best Food for High Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/The-Best-Food-for- The double-edged sword of patenting natural substances comes up over and over. For example, Plants as Intellectual Property – Patently Wrong? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/plants-as-intelle
With a healthier diet neither drugs or supplements may be necessary:
• Heart Attacks and Cholesterol: Purely a Question of Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/heart-attacks-and
• Fast Food: Do You Want Fries With That Lipitor? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/fast-food-do-you-
• Diet Versus Drugs for High Cholesterol (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/diet-versus-drugs
For all of my videos on the latest research on cholesterol, visit our Cholesterol topic page: https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/cholesterol.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/flashback-friday-a and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/flashback-friday- You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
The original video aired on October 30th 2017.
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC." Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/