Fennel Seeds for Menstrual Cramps and PMS
Fennel seeds can work as drugs like ibuprofen for painful periods, and an eighth of a teaspoon of ginger powder three times a day can cut menstrual bleeding in half.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This may be one of my favorite videos of all time. Why? Because it offers cheap, simple, safe, side-effect free solutions for a condition that causes the suffering of millions. It’s just kills me that we didn’t learn about these kinds of things in medical school. But there’s no physician outreach or ad budget for something you can buy anywhere for 6 cents a month. So, where are you supposed to hear about things like this? NutritionFacts.org—that’s where!
If you value this site, if you value my work, if it’s helped you in any way, please consider becoming a monthly supporter. Having that regular stream of donations coming in allows us the confidence to invest in making the site even better. Make a one-time tax-deductible donation or sign up to become a regular supporter here (https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/).
For more on treating menstrual pain and PMS see:
• Saffron for the Treatment of PMS (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/saffron-for-the-tr
• Wake Up and Smell the Saffron (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/wake-up-and-smell-
• Plant-Based Diets For Breast Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/plant-based-diets-
• Flax Seeds For Breast Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/flax-seeds-for-bre
• Dietary Treatment for Painful Menstrual Periods (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/dietary-treatment-
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/fennel-seeds-for-m and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Howcheng via Wikimedia Commons.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org