Dr. Gundry’s The Plant Paradox Is Wrong
A book purported to expose the “hidden dangers’ in healthy foods doesn’t even pass the whiff test.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
This is an unusual video for me. Normally I try to stay out of the “diet wars” and just stick to bringing you the latest science. There are roughly 100,000 papers published on nutrition in the in peer-reviewed medical literature every year. We have a hard enough time just trying not to fall too far behind with that. Let me know what you think. Would you rather I do more of these reactive-type videos?
You’ll note I never really addressed Dr. Gundry’s thesis about lectins. That’s what the next two videos are about—stay tuned:
• How to Avoid Lectin Poisoning (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/....video/how-to-avoid-l
• Are Lectins in Food Good or Bad for You? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/are-lectins-in-foo
Here are links to the videos I alluded to in the video if you want to learn more:
• Blood Type Diet Debunked (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/blood-type-diet-de
• Physician’s May be Missing Their Most Important Tool (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/physicians-may-be-
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/increased-lifespan
• Can Oatmeal Help Fatty Liver Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/can-oatmeal-help-f
What else can tomatoes do? See Inhibiting Platelet Activation with Tomato Seeds (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/Inhibiting-Platel
One of the key reasons why whole grains may be so beneficial is their effect on our good bacteria. See, for example, Gut Microbiome – Strike it Rich with Whole Grains (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/gut-microbiome-st and Microbiome: We Are What They Eat (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/microbiome-we-are
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/dr-gundrys-the-pla and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/dr-gundrys-the-pla. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Icons created by Eva Verbeek, Marco Galtarossa, Vladimir Belochkin, Dinosoft Labs, Rflor, B Farias, and Creative Outlet from The Noun Project.
Image credit: Kristina DeMuth
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/