Do Vitamin D Supplements Reduce the Risk of Dying from Cancer?
Sun exposure is associated with lower rates of 15 different cancers and improved cancer survival. What happened when vitamin D supplements were put to the test?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
What about just getting sun instead? Please check out my recent 6-part video series:
• Will You Live Longer if You Take Vitamin D Supplements? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/will-you-live-long
• Do Vitamin D Supplements Help with Diabetes, Weight Loss, and Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-vitamin-D-suppl
• How Much Vitamin D Should You Take? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-much-vitamin-D
• The Optimal Dose of Vitamin D Based on Natural Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-optimal-dose-o
• The Best Way to Get Vitamin D: Sun, Supplements, or Salons? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-best-way-to-ge
• The Risks and Benefits of Sensible Sun Exposure (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-risks-and-bene
Better, of course, to prevent colon cancer in the first place. See, for example:
• Stool pH and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/stool-ph-and-colon
• Solving a Colon Cancer Mystery (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/solving-a-colon-ca
• Resistant Starch and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/resistant-starch-a
For more on that extraordinary story about Premarin and hormone replacement therapy, see How Did Doctors Not Know About the Risks of Hormone Therapy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-did-doctors-no
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-vitamin-d-suppl and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-vitamin-d-suppl . You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Image Credit: mahnoorraja via flickr and ClkerFreeVectorImages and ClkerFreeVectorImages via Pixabay.
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK - How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/