Do Vitamin B12 Supplements Cause Acne?
Should there be concerns around B12 and acne? Acne can be triggered in one in ten people who get vitamin B12 injections.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a recipe from The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
This is part of my extended look at B12. For background and my updated recommendations, see:
• The Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-symptoms-of-vi
• The Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Adults (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-optimal-vitami
• Healthiest Food Sources of Vitamin B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/healthiest-food-so
• The Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Kids, Pregnancy, and Seniors (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-optimal-vitami
• The Best Type of Vitamin B12: Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-best-type-of-v
All of these videos can be found in one digital download: Latest Vitamin B12 Recommendations (https://drgreger.org/collectio....ns/videos/products/b
I previously explored vitamin B12’s role in stroke risk. Check out:
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors: Vitamin B12 and Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/vegetarians-and-st
• How to Test for Functional Vitamin B12 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-to-test-for-fu
• Should Vegetarians Take Creatine to Normalize Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Should-Vegetarians
• The Efficacy and Safety of Creatine for High Homocysteine (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-efficacy-and-s
That series is also available for digital download: Why Do Vegetarians Have Higher Stroke Risk? (https://drgreger.org/collectio....ns/videos/products/v
Up next is Do Vitamin B12 Supplements Cause Bone Fractures and Lung Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-vitamin-B12-sup
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-vitamin-b12-sup and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/do-vitamin-b12-su You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC." Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org