Citrus Peels and Cancer: Zest for Life?
The reason eating citrus fruit appears to protect against cancer may be because of DNA repair enzyme boosting powers of a compound concentrated in the peel.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
That’s why my favorite citrus fruit is kumquat, because you can eat the peel and all!
For other foods that may keep our DNA intact, see my last video Which Fruits and Vegetables Boost DNA Repair? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/which-fruits-and-v Kiwifruit (Kiwifruit and DNA Repair (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/kiwifruit-and-dna- and broccoli (DNA Protection from Broccoli (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/dna-protection-fro may also fit the bill.
More on citrus in Keeping Your Hands Warm With Citrus (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/keeping-your-hands and Reducing Muscle Fatigue With Citrus (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/reducing-muscle-fa
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/citrus-peels-cance and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: PublicDomainPictures via Pixabay.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/