Chai Cupcakes // vegan + paleo
FULL POST: https://feastingonfruit.com/chai-cupcakes/
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup runny almond butter (or coconut butter or oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cassava flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsps cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
Frosting recipe here: https://feastingonfruit.com/chai-cupcakes/#tasty-recipes-22810
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, almond butter, and vanilla. Melt in the microwave or stovetop, whisking until smooth.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl, and add dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
4. Scoop into a cupcake pan lined with paper liners, filling each 3/4 of the way (makes 8).
5. Bake 23-25 minutes at 350ºF.
6. Cool completely before frosting.
7. For the frosting, drained soaked cashews and add to a blender along with remaining ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth, adding more coconut cream if needed. Transfer to a container and chill for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight for a thicker, pipe-able frosting).
8. Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!