Cancer Risk from Arsenic in Rice and Seaweed
A daily half-cup of cooked rice may carry a hundred times the acceptable cancer risk of arsenic. Can seaweed from the coast of Maine also be cautioned as a cancer causing food?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Wait second, how can the rice industry get away with selling a product containing 100 times the acceptable cancer risk? I cover that and so much more in my next nine videos on arsenic and rice including concrete recommendations on how to mediate your risk.
Stay tuned for:
• Which Rice Has Less Arsenic: Black, Brown, Red, White or Wild? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Which-Rice-Has-Les
• Which Brands and Sources of Rice Have the Least Arsenic? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Which-Brands-and-S
• How to Cook Rice to Lower Arsenic Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/How-to-Cook-Rice-t
• Arsenic in Infant Rice Cereal (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Arsenic-in-Infant-
• Arsenic in Rice Milk, Rice Krispies, and Brown Rice Syrup (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Arsenic-in-Rice-Mi
• How Risky is the Arsenic in Rice? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/How-Risky-is-the-A
• How Much Arsenic in Rice is Too Much? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/How-Much-Arsenic-i
• Is White Rice a Yellow Light or Red Light Food? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Is-White-Rice-a-Ye
• Do the Pros of Brown Rice Outweigh the Cons of Arsenic? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Do-the-Pros-of-Bro
The source of arsenic was not just pesticides but poultry poop if you can believe it. That story in Where Does the Arsenic in Chicken Come From? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/where-does-the-ars and Where Does the Arsenic in Rice, Mushrooms, and Wine Come From? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Where-Does-the-Ars
And chronic low dose arsenic exposure is associated with more than just cancer. See The Effects of Too Much Arsenic in the Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/The-Effects-of-Too
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/cancer-risk-from-a and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/cancer-risk-from-a. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/