Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
DESCRIPTION: Congenital IGF-1 deficiency can lead to Laron Syndrome (a type of dwarfism), but with such low growth hormone levels those with the condition have dramatically lower cancer rates. This raises the question of whether one can achieve the best of both worlds by ensuring adequate IGF-1 levels during childhood while then suppressing excess growth promotion in adulthood. For background on the cancer promoting effects on IGF-1 make sure to check out yesterday's video-of-the-day IGF-1 as One-Stop Cancer Shop (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/igf-1-as-one-stop- Tomorrow I unveil The Answer to the Pritikin Puzzle (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-answer-to-the- for those who missed the spoiler alert in Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/uprooting-the-lead What puzzle? See Ex Vivo Cancer Proliferation Bioassay (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/developing-an-ex-v and Prostate vs. a Plant-Based Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/prostate-versus-a-
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/cancer-proofing-mu and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Valter Longo.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org