Bunny Butt Cupcakes // vegan + paleo
1/2 cup (90g) Hu Kitchen Gems
3/4 cup (105g) coconut sugar
1 1/4 cup (300g) almond milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cup (160g) cassava flour
1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup medjool dates (200g)
1 cup (70g) shredded coconut + more for rolling
1 cup (250g) coconut cream
1/4 cup (25g) cacao powder
2 tbsp (40g) maple syrup
1/2 cup cacao nibs, ground
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Melt the Hu Gems with the almond milk. Stir until smooth.
3. Whisk in the coconut sugar and apple cider vinegar.
4. Add the rest of the cupcake ingredients and mix.
5. Spoon into a cupcake pan with paper liners, filling each ¾ of the way.
6. Bake for 25 minutes at 350ºF.
7. Cool completely before frosting.
8. In a food processor, combine the dates and coconut to form a sticky dough. Roll into 8 large balls for the bunny butts and smaller balls for the tails/feet. Roll in extra coconut to create the “fur”.
9. For the frosting, beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Chill.
10. Blend the cacao nibs to a fine “dirt” texture.
11. Assemble your cupcakes: frost the cooled cupcakes, sprinkle with ground cacao nibs, add the bunny butts/feet.
12. Eat! Keep leftovers in the fridge.