Breast Cancer and the 5-Year Survival Rate Myth
Watching this video, you’ll know more than an estimated 97% of doctors about a critical concept called lead-time bias.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a copy of the preface for Dr. Greger’s new book, How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
I can’t believe I didn’t learn about this in medical school!
There are three videos left in this mammogram series:
• Why Mammograms Don’t Appear to Save Lives (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Why-Mammograms-Don
• Why Patients Aren’t Informed About Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Why-Patients-Arent
• The Pros and Cons of Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/The-Pros-and-Cons-
Here are the first ten in case you missed any:
• 9 out of 10 Women Misinformed about Mammograms ((http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/9-out-of-10-Women-
• Mammogram Recommendations - Why the Conflicting Guidelines (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Mammogram-Recommen
• Should Women Get Mammograms Starting at Age 40? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Should-Women-Get-M
• Do Mammograms Save Lives? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Do-Mammograms-Save
• Consequences of False-Positive Mammogram Results (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Consequences-of-Fa
• Do Mammograms Hurt? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/do-mammograms-hurt
• Can Mammogram Radiation Cause Breast Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Can-Mammogram-radi
• Understanding the Mammogram Paradox (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Understanding-the-
• Overtreatment of Stage 0 Breast Cancer DCIS (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/overtreatment-of-s
• Women Deserve to Know the Truth About Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Women-Deserve-to-K
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/breast-cancer-and- and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/breast-cancer-and-. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose "Open transcript", and select the language you'd like to view them in.
Image credit: MOODY AIR FORCE BASE
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/