Boosting Natural Killer Cell Activity
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
DESCRIPTION: Blueberry consumption may double the population of our cancer fighting immune cells, and the spices cardamom and black pepper may boost their activity.
Exercise itself can improve immune function in general (Preserving Immune Function in Athletes With Nutritional Yeast, http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preserving-immune- but the blueberry finding, so far, is unique. The oxidative stress part of the story is told in Reducing Muscle Soreness With Berries (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/reducing-muscle-so
Just because the study was funded by the blueberry councils doesn't necessarily mean the science is suspect, but you would want to see this independently verified, especially a finding so dramatic.
What else can berries do? Check out:
• Improving Memory Through Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/improving-memory-t
• Which Fruit Fights Cancer Better?(http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/which-fruit-fights
• Tart Cherries for Insomnia (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/tart-cherries-for-
• Clinical Studies on Acai Berries (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/clinical-studies-o
• Black Raspberries versus Oral Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/black-raspberries-
• Strawberries versus Esophageal Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/strawberries-versu
You can check out my blueberry smoothie recipe here in A Better Breakfast (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/a-better-breakfast
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/boosting-natural-k and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: VancityAllie via flickr.
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK - How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/