Black Pepper Tempeh + Savory Cranberry Sauce • VEGAN THANKSGIVING Recipe
[ OPEN FOR FULL RECIPE ] This black pepper and cranberry tempeh and savory cranberry sauce is a fun spin on a classic thanksgiving recipe! Let me know if you try it out, and be sure to subscribe so you can see my final dessert recipe for this Thanksliving series!
[ CRANBERRY AND PEPPER TEMPEH ]
1 pack of tempeh
1 tbsp Miso Paste
2 Cloves of garlic, sliced or crushed
¼ cup water
¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
¼ cup Cape Cod Select Cranberries, sliced
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
½ tbsp Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
1. Combine the water, soy sauce, maple syrup, and miso paste in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add in the chopped garlic, rosemary, cranberries, and black pepper, stirring once more.
3. Place the tempeh in a ziploc bag or other resealable container and pour the marinade on top of it. Let sit overnight in the fridge.
4. When you are ready to serve the tempeh, simply pour the contents of the bag into a pan over medium low eat and bring the tempeh to a warm temperature. The outsides will become brown because of the marinade, but be sure not to let it burn.
5. Remove from the pan, slice, and serve with cranberry sauce!
[ SAVORY CRANBERRY SAUCE ]
3 cups Cape Cod Select Cranberries
½ cup fresh squeezed Orange Juice
½ tsp dried Thyme
1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
Black Pepper to Taste
1. Add all ingredients to a pot
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have melted and begin to pop
3. Let simmer until the sauce reaches your desired level of thickness. Remember, once it cools down it will become thicker
4. Pour into a glass bowl or tupperware container. Serve cold.
*I only used 1 tbsp of coconut sugar, but you may want to use more if you’d like a sweeter sauce
*If you’re looking to save time, make this the night before your Thanksgiving dinner when you make the marinade for the tempeh!
*This video is an entry in the Cape Cod Select Holiday Recipe Contest. Check them out below =
Store Locater: http://www.capecodselect.com/store-locator/
• CONNECT WITH ME •
• MY FAVORITE VEGAN RECIPE BOOKS •
⚡️ My Super Smoothie Ebook: http://bit.ly/fmbsmoothies
Raw Till Whenever: http://bit.ly/1N3OL5b (use frommybowl for 10% off!)
• CONTACT •
For Business Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Other Questions: http://frommybowl.tumblr.com/
• ABOUT THIS VIDEO •
Camera: Canon G7x
Software: Final Cut Pro
Music: Coffee (Feat Masego) - Medasin
• LEARN MORE ABOUT VEGANISM •
Forks Over Knives: http://www.forksoverknives.com/the-film/ (also on Netflix)
Cowspiracy: http://www.cowspiracy.com/ (also on Netflix)
101 Reasons to go Vegan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJcq8qHAY
Research-Based Evidence: http://nutritionfacts.org/