Best Food to Prevent Common Childhood Infections
Just a dusting of nutritional yeast worth of beta glucan fiber a day is put to the test in a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial for the prevention of common childhood illnesses.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe. Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
Also found beneficial for marathon runners (Preserving Immune Function in Athletes With Nutritional Yeast (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/preserving-immune Chlorella and wakame may also help boost immunity (Preserving Athlete Immunity with Chlorella (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/preserving-athlet and How to Boost Your Immune System with Wakame Seaweed (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-to-boost-your And so can produce! (Using the Produce Aisle to Boost Immune Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/using-the-produce
There are some folks that should stay away from the stuff, though:
• Does Nutritional Yeast Trigger Crohn’s Disease? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/....topics/does-nutritio
• Is Candida Syndrome Real? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/....topics/is-candida-sy
• Is Nutritional Yeast Healthy for Everyone? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/....topics/is-nutritiona
The How Not to Die Cookbook (available for preorder at NutritionFacts.org/cookbook) has a great recipe in it for Nutty Parm—a condiment I like to put on whole grain pasta, salads, sautéed veggies, and more. Now you can get that recipe on the site at https://nutritionfacts.org/recipe/nutty-parm, as one of our sneak peeks into the cookbook (all proceeds I receive to charity, of course).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/best-food-to-preve and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/best-food-to-preve. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose "Open transcript", and select the language you'd like to view them in.
Icons created by Alex Tai, Aleksandr Vector, Juan Pablo Bravo, and Agniraj Chatterji from The Noun Project.
Image credit: Amanda Burk / instagram
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/