Benefits of Green Tea for Boosting Antiviral Immune Function
Unlike most antiviral drugs, green tea appears to work by boosting the immune system to combat diseases such as genital warts (caused by HPV) and the flu (caused by the influenza virus).
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
As I’m sure you noticed by now, we are shifting from the old way we were doing videos to pulling in motion graphics design specialists to improve the look of our videos. This one was done by Tyler McReynolds of Teetotalin LLC, one of four teams of contractors we’re currently working with. Tyler is an independent video production specialist in Austin, TX involved with live action filming, motion graphics, and everything in between. This is what he had to say about working with us: "It's truly been a pleasure to work with the NutritionFacts.org team - their strong dedication to offering free, transparent, and verifiable nutrition information is a unique and much needed service that I'm happy to be a part of."
Tomorrow’s video will be created by a different team. It’s up to you to tell us which you like better. In the comments please include your thoughts on the new look, and which format you like better.
In other words, did you like Daniel’s style in the last video Should Vitamin D Supplements Be Taken to Prevent Falls in the Elderly? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/should-vitamin-d-s better than Tyler’s style in this one? Please let me know!
And if you or someone you know is an expert in motion graphics software and would like to become team number five please check out our Employment Opportunities (http://nutritionfacts.org/employment/) page.
For more on what green tea can (and cannot) do, check out videos such as:
• Tea and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/tea-and-artery-fun
• Preventing Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preventing-prostat
• Treating Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/treating-prostate-
• Can Green Tea Help Prevent Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/can-green-tea-help
• Can Green Tea Help Treat Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/can-green-tea-help
How else can we improve our immune function? See for example:
• Using the Produce Aisle to Boost Immune Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/using-the-produce-
• Preserving Athlete Immunity with Chlorella (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preserving-athlete
• Preserving Immune Function in Athletes With Nutritional Yeast (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/preserving-immune-
• Kiwifruit for the Common Cold (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/kiwifruit-for-the-
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/benefits-of-green- and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/benefits-of-green-. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Image credit: gadost0 via pixabay. Image has been modified.
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK - How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/