Benefits of Blueberries for Heart Disease
Blueberry tea is put to the test for cholesterol lowering.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
Isn’t that remarkable? It’s like wait a second, tastes great and you get to live longer? That’s what plant-based eating is all about!
But wait, what about all the sugar in fruit? See my videos If Fructose Is Bad, What About Fruit? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/if-fructose-is-ba and How Much Fruit is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-much-fruit-is
Here’s more info about the “Daily Dozen” thing I mentioned: Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen Checklist (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/dr-gregers-daily-
What else can berries do?
• Can Cranberry Juice Treat Bladder Infections? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/can-cranberry-jui
• Reducing Muscle Soreness With Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/reducing-muscle-s
• Boosting Natural Killer Cell Activity (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/boosting-natural-
• Inhibiting Platelet Aggregation with Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/inhibiting-platel
• The Benefits of Acai vs. Blueberries for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/The-Benefits-of-Ac
• Benefits of Blueberries for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Benefits-of-Bluebe
• Benefits of Blueberries for Blood Pressure May Be Blocked by Yogurt (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Benefits-of-Bluebe
• Benefits of Blueberries for the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/benefits-of-bluebe
• Benefits of Blueberries for Mood and Mobility (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/benefits-of-bluebe
• Best Brain Foods - Berries and Nuts Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/Best-Brain-Foods-B
Why not just take the statin drug? See The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/the-actual-benefi
If that’s what one plant can do for heart disease risk factors what about a whole diet full of plants? See my overview video How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-not-to-die-fr
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/benefits-of-bluebe and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/benefits-of-bluebe. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose "Open transcript", and select the language you'd like to view them in.
Image credit: rawpixel.com / flickr
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK - How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/