Baked Maple Pecan Donuts // vegan + gluten-free + oil-free
FULL POST: https://feastingonfruit.com/ba....ked-maple-pecan-donu
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups roasted pecans
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup nondairy yogurt
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
1-2 tsps almond milk (if needed)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Prepare flax eggs and set aside.
3. Grind the oats and pecans in a high speed blender to a fine flour. Sift of whisk in a bowl to remove all clumps and lighten/aerate.
4. Add baking powder, spices, and salt. Whisk to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, almond milk, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla.
6. Add wet to dry, and mix to combine.
7. Pipe into a greased donut pan.
8. Bake for 20-23 minutes at 350ºF. until golden brown on top. They should bounce back when lightly pressed.
9. Cool for 5-10 minutes before flipping out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Add milk slowly if needed to get a drizzle-able glaze consistency.
11. Dip or drizzle the donuts with glaze, and eat!