Artificial Food Colors and ADHD
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION: In response to definitive evidence showing artificial colors may increase inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity among young children, a call has been made by consumer groups to ban food dyes.
I originally covered the landmark Lancet study in Are Artificial Colors Bad for You? (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/are-artificial-col There's even sometimes Artificial Coloring in Fish (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/artificial-colorin
This whole saga reminds me of the artificial flavor video I did the other day, Butter-Flavored Microwave Popcorn or Breathing (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/butter-flavored-mi Amazing what the food industry is able to get away with.
There is a campaign to get Kraft to remove yellow #5 from their mac & cheese, but even if the stuff didn't glow in the dark it's still just a blob of sodium (750 mg), saturated fat (4.5 g), and trans fat (2.8 g). The food movement might better spend its time encouraging healthier fare altogether.
How can we get our kids to eat less processed junk? I review some practical tips in my next two videos, Tricks to Get Kids to Eat Healthier at School (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/tricks-to-get-kids and Tricks to Get Kids to Eat Healthier at Home (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/tricks-to-get-kids
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/artificial-food-co and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: gentlepurespace via Flickr.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/