Are There Health Benefits of Spending Time in Nature?
Studies on green exercising, the value of greenspaces, or even just viewing trees outside the window on surgery recovery.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
For more on air pollution, see Best Food to Counter the Effects of Air Pollution (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/best-food-to-coun and The Role of Pesticides & Pollution in Autism (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/the-role-of-pesti
Of course there are benefits to any kind of exercise indoors or out:
• Preventing Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress with Watercress (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/preventing-exerci
• Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/enhanced-athletic
• How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/how-much-exercise
• Standing Up for Your Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/standing-up-for-y
• Longer Life Within Walking Distance (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/longer-life-withi
• How Much Should You Exercise? (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/How-Much-Should-Y
• Slow Your Beating Heart: Beans vs. Exercise (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/slow-beating-hear
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/exercise-vs-drugs
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/are-there-health-b and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/vid....eo/are-there-health- You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscr....iption_center?add_us
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC." Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org