Appropriating Plant Defenses
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org's free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger's brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
DESCRIPTION: Plants and animal share similar biochemical pathways and signaling systems, which may explain why so many phytonutrients are beneficial to our physiology.
The aspirin story is fascinating: Aspirin Levels in Plant Foods (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/aspirin-levels-in-
This whole co-evolution concept reminds me of Human Neurotransmitters In Plants (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/human-neurotransmi and The Broccoli Receptor: Our First Line of Defense (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/the-broccoli-recep
More on the power of plants in Power Plants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/power-plants/).
Some of the wilder things that Phytochemicals: The Nutrition Facts Missing from the Label (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/phytochemicals-the can do are explored in:
• Prevent Glaucoma and See 27 Miles Further (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/prevent-glaucoma-a
• Keeping Your Hands Warm With Citrus (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/keeping-your-hands
• How to Slow Brain Aging By Two Years (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/how-to-slow-brain-
We evolved eating a lot of plants: Paleolithic Lessons (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/paleolithic-lesson
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/appropriating-plan and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Noodles and Beef via flickr, purzen via OpenClipArt, and Bios and Miansari66 via Wikimedia.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org