Anti-inflammatory Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org for free and receive a copy of the preface for Dr. Greger’s new book, How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION: Sweet red bing cherries may act as a selective COX-2 inhibitor, reducing inflammation without the damage to our stomach and gut lining caused by NSAID drugs like ibuprofen.
Here are the links to the videos I mentioned about tart pie cherries: Tart Cherries for Insomnia (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/tart-cherries-for- and Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/reducing-muscle-so
Here are two ways I incorporate cherries into my diet:
Pink Juice with Green Foam (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/pink-juice-with-gr and Healthy Chocolate Milkshakes (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/healthy-chocolate-
Other studies in which anti-inflammatory drugs were compared natural dietary remedies include:
Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/turmeric-curcumin- and Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/turmeric-curcumin-
Anti-inflammatory activity in a test tube is one thing, but can cherries actually be used clinically to treat inflammatory diseases? Stay tuned for my next video, Gout Treatment with a Cherry on Top (http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/gout-treatment-wit
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/vide....o/anti-inflammatory- and he'll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Duncan Brown (Cradlehall), cyaneyed, and elizabeth.tov via flickr; PDPhotos via Pixabay; and the Drug Industry Documents Archive.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how....-to-survive-a-pandem
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/